The Resolutions of Jonathan Edward (14/70)
14. Resolved, never to do anything out of revenge.
Into each life, some rain must fall.– Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
The Resolutions of Jonathan Edward (13/70)
13. Resolved, to be endeavoring to find out fit objects of charity and liberality.
Keane - Everybody’s Changing (I can play...
The Resolutions of Jonathan Edward (12/70)
12. Resolved, if I take delight in it as a gratification of pride, or vanity, or on any such account, immediately to throw it by.
The Ting Tings - “Keep Your Head”
The Resolutions of Jonathan Edward (11/70)
11. Resolved, when I think of any theorem in divinity to be solved, immediately to do what I can towards solving it, if circumstances don’t hinder.
I’m nobody! Who are you? Are you nobody, too? Then there’s a pair of us —...– “I’m Nobody! Who Are You?” by Emily Dickinson
Carla Bruni - “Quelqu’un m’a...
The Resolutions of Jonathan Edward (10/70)
10. Resolved, when I feel pain, to think of the pains of martyrdom, and of hell.
A little teaser song from Enfield’s new Resolved album. I can’t wait! It’s going to be ama-za-zing!
The Resolutions of Jonathan Edward (9/70)
9. Resolved, to think much on all occasions of my own dying, and of the common circumstances which attend death.
He can’t be happy when there is so much suffering in the world. She can’t be...– -R. D. Laing, Knots, 27
The Resolutions of Jonathan Edward (8/70)
8. Resolved, to act, in all respects, both speaking and doing, as if nobody had been so vile as I, and as if I had committed the same sins, or had the same infirmities or failings as others; and that I will let the knowledge of their failings promote nothing but shame in myself, and prove only an occasion of my confessing my own sins and misery to God.
For attractive lips, speak words of kindness. For lovely eyes, seek the good in...– Sam Levenson
The Resolutions of Jonathan Edward (7/70)
7. Resolved, never to do anything, which I should be afraid to do, if it were the last hour of my life.
Maria Mena - “Nevermind Me”
The Resolutions of Jonathan Edward (6/70)
6. Resolved, to live with all my might, while I do live.
The Resolutions of Jonathan Edward (5/70)
5. Resolved, never to lose one moment of time; but improve it the most profitable way I possibly can.
Day Twenty Nine: “The Wolves (Act I and...
The Resolutions of Jonathan Edward (4/70)
4. Resolved, never to do any manner of thing, whether in soul or body, less or more, but what tends to the glory of God; nor be, nor suffer it, if I can avoid it.
The Resolutions of Jonathan Edward (3/70)
3. Resolved, if ever I shall fall and grow dull, so as to neglect to keep any part of these Resolutions, to repent of all I can remember, when I come to myself again.