The Resolutions of Jonathan Edward (56/70)
56. Resolved, never to give over, nor in the least to slacken my fight with my corruptions, however unsuccessful I may be.
A.A. Bondy - “Killed Myself When I Was...
Disappointment to a noble soul is what cold water is to burning metal; it...– Eliza Tabor
The Resolutions of Jonathan Edward (55/70)
55. Resolved, to endeavor to my utmost to act as I can think I should do, if I had already seen the happiness of heaven, and hell torments.
The Resolutions of Jonathan Edward (54/70)
54. Whenever I hear anything spoken in conversation of any person, if I think it would be praiseworthy in me, Resolved to endeavor to imitate it.
Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart.– Kahlil Gibran
All extremes of feeling are allied with madness.– Virginia Woolf, Orlando
The Resolutions of Jonathan Edward (53/70)
53. Resolved, to improve every opportunity, when I am in the best and happiest frame of mind, to cast and venture my soul on the Lord Jesus Christ, to trust and confide in him, and consecrate myself wholly to him; that from this I may have assurance of my safety, knowing that I confide in my Redeemer.
You don’t need strength to be strong.– Alexi Murdoch
Rosi Golan - “Hazy”
The Resolutions of Jonathan Edward (52/70)
52. I frequently hear persons in old age say how they would live, if they were to live their lives over again: Resolved, that I will live just so as I can think I shall wish I had done, supposing I live to old age.
The Resolutions of Jonathan Edward (51/70)
51.Resolved, that I will act so, in every respect, as I think I shall wish I had done, if I should at last be damned.